Anime4evea 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime4evea 2.0

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Descendants of Arcana Base

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:42 am

*Having run out of tears, he sucks his breath in and barely responds to Blaze's request at all. The only indication of his allowance is his hand, which retracts from Mana and assists the other in supporting his very unwilling body from collapsing*
Back to top Go down
https://anime4evea.forumotion.net
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:50 am

*Blaze carefully approaches Mana and examines her, taking note of the lack of rise and fall from her chest, as well as the gaping wound in her side. She tries the lavender magician's radial pulse first, but after failing to find a sign of blood pumping, she moves to the carotid artery. A few more moments, and, perhaps out of meticulousness, perhaps out of desperation, she checks the other possible pulse sights. After performing a few more tests, she rises from the ground, the only show of her grief are the slight shaking of her now stained-hands*

Blaze: ... *shakes her head slowly* I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 am

*His arms shake and he begins to cough again, but he refuses to cry anymore, and tries to steady his breathing. His voice comes out coarse and dry, the defining confidence behind it long gone*
Whip: ....I promised her... we would live through this... together...
*Almost immediately after the first word, he chokes and breaks, but he forces his voice to carry on*
Whip: ....I swore I'd.... keep her safe.... and that we would find her sister.... and kick the asses of those bastards....
*His anger sounds forced between his quavering*
Whip: ....I failed her... and she paid the price.... I should've stayed and protected her damnit!
*His voice heightens*
Whip: I never should have left her side! She was weak and I left her alone! I left her to-
*His voice has to stop to hold back the welling that nearly bursts from his insides, and his breathing becomes ragged and discontinuous again*
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:31 am

*The Descendants are silent in Whip's grieving for what feels like eons. Eventually, however, Clear speaks up with a strained voice*
Clear: I know... I know it might be too soon to decide. But... is there anyway you'd want to say g-

*All the Descendants suddenly snap their eyes to a weak glow of light that engulfs Mana. Faint green tendrils wrap around Mana and a faint voice is heard*

Life still dwells within you, child... A sacrifice was given to me long ago in order to preserve Mobius... And because of it, I owe you a debt... Daughter of the Chosen, this is my last act. Please... fight on. Until Mobius is restored...

*The Centurions and Royal are speechless, unable to voice any questions or exclamations, and the light washes over Mana, healing her wounds and giving her the chance to breath and live once again. To those who can see auras, her normally blue aura flares bright, emerald green, before returning to its normal color, healthy and strong. Dark chocolate eyes flutter back open, and a confused countenance takes over her face*

Mana: W-What...? *looks around in a dazed manner* Why... *her eyes squint at all the figures, but instead of asking a typical question of why everyone is there, she instead proposes others* Why am I on the floor...? In a pool of blood?
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 am

*Whip beholds the miracle with no breath inside of him. Without speaking, without so much as casting out of the shadows that cover his face, he throws his arms around Mana and holds her tightly enough to feel her heartbeat by his chest*
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:43 am

Mana: *winces somewhat at the crushing hug, but takes it without complaint because despite the pain, she can tell how much he needs it; however, as for what, she's not entirely sure* What happened...? What's wrong? ...Are you okay, Whip?
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 am

*Whip's head shakes over her shoulder*
Whip: ....Not okay....
*He begins shuddering, and his voice almost hiccups*
Whip: ....I'm so sorry.... it was all my fault...
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Mana: *although confused at first, memories of earlier rush back, and although she has no memory of being cut down, she can connect the pool of blood and her partner's frailness together, and her eyes soften as she shakes her head against his shoulder* ...No. It's not your fault. I got careless... And I'm still here.
Psyche: *steps forward, a huge, relieved grin on his face* Damn right you're still here. Don't scare us like that, jeeze!
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:39 am

*Whip pulls away from her, though with a hesitation that is slightly too long, and nods to Mana. His expression, whilst still fairly worried, does not fully represent his true feelings*
Whip: Yeah.... don't ever....leave my side again....
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 3:17 am

Blaze: If you don't mind us asking so soon, Mana... What happened?
Mana: *her eyes turn a bit distant as memories fly through her mind* I... *looks down in shame* I lost, that's what happened. *her frown grows deeper* ...I got reckless, Kimitsu trapped me, and the next thing I know I'm waking up to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 3:29 am

*Whip shakes his head*
Whip: It's not your fault. You were already weak from all your injuries...
*Whip seems to have more to say, but keeps it to himself. Even for Mana's position, he still holds on to an unusual amount of sulkiness*
Whip: ....How are you feeling, Mana? You must be tired.... and in pain....
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Mana: *frowns, and shakes her head* No, I... I feel really good, actually. *looks confused and turns to the Descendants* What did you guys do?
*The four Centurions exchange looks before returning their gaze to Mana*
Psyche: *rubs the back of his head sheepishly* We.... didn't do it. And when we got here... We thought... We thought it was too late.
Mana: *her eyes widen in shock* I... I died?!
Clear: ...Your heart had stopped beating long before we got here...
Mana: *her eyes find the blood of pool again* No way... I... I thought I was just... badly wounded... *looks back to them* Then... what brought me back...?
Psyche: *shrugs* I'd honestly say love, but I guess there's a more logical and less cliche reason than that.
Verve: *sighs exasperatedly* Are you still cracking jokes in this situation?
Psyche: *shrugs again* It's my way of dealing with stuff. Sorry, but you guys will have to deal.
Blaze: *has been contemplating what she's seen, and what she knows about Mana's heritage* ...I think... I think Light Gaia gave you a second chance, Mana.
Mana: *her breath catches* ...Light... Gaia...?
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Whip: Light Gaia?
*Whip stands up fully and offers a hand to help Mana as well*
Whip: Who is Light Gaia?
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Mana: *takes Whip's hand and also stands*
Blaze: I'm not sure what you would call it exactly, but he's a lifeforce that used to reside in the core of Mobius, along with Dark Gaia.
Mana: There used to be temples all over the world that held some sort of significance to them. Chun-Nan was one area, and... and my mother was claimed by Light Gaia.
Blaze: *nods* The Chosen.
Mana: My mother possessed gifts. Extrodinary healing abilities. A deep connection to the earth. She and my dad used to say her connection and powers had been passed down to me and Hana.
Clear: So that healing spell...
Mana: *nods* My mom taught it to me. But I never figured out why it would hurt me and not affect my mother in the slightest.
Blaze: Perhaps Tempest's influence?
Mana: *shrugs* I wouldn't know. *looks at her hand* I would've thought Light Gaia was gone though... With the combination of the worlds...
Psyche: From what we heard, it sounds like he's still kicking. At least a little bit...
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:50 pm

A sacrifice was given to me long ago in order to preserve Mobius... And because of it, I owe you a debt... Daughter of the Chosen, this is my last act.
*Whip blinks his eyes in remembrance*
Whip: ...He saved you... Light Gaia... But... from what he said.... I don't think he'll be around anymore...
*He turns and addresses Mana specifically*
WHip: He said that a sacrifice was given a long time ago, and that's why he saved you. What kind of sacrifice did he mean?
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:33 am

Mana: From what Mom and Dad told me... Mobius was about a step away from practically self-destructing. To stop it, Mom was going to have to sacrifice herself to stop that from happening. Dad didn't exactly let her, at least not alone. *her eyes turn sad* They gave up their energy, I think. Nearly killed themselves in the process. And... Had... Had they lived long enough, their lives would have been cut short anyways.
Psyche: *frowns at the story* Well, that's depressing. *rubs his ear* Here's hoping Light Gaia doesn't try to ask you something like that- OOF.
Clear: *removes her fist from the red panda's stomach*
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:29 am

*Whip tries very hard to ignore what Psyche said, though it begins to fester in the back of his mind*
Whip: .....Why would their lives have been cut short?
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:36 am

Mana: They... used their life force, I suppose you could say...
Verve: And that was able to sustain the planet?
Blaze: Just enough to jump start it, I would assume.
Mana: I don't remember the whole story. They told me when I was pretty young. And from the sounds of it, Light Gaia gave my mom a lot of energy of its own, as if expecting her role in the future.
Vita: *eyes widen, and she speaks without thinking* But... Mana, you also posses an ocean of energy... Does that mean...?
Clear: (hastily) I would believe that's a result of the combination of her parents talents.
Psyche: Light Gaia doesn't plan on using you like a battery or anything, I would bet. That's way too harsh.
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:46 am

Whip: Even if he does... I won't let him.
*Whip crosses his arms*
Whip: Spirit of the planet or not,... Nobody's going to take Mana's energy..... Not again.
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:45 am

Mana: But- *is suddenly struck by the realization of the pain and worry she's put Whip through the past few days, and holds her tongue* ...Maybe we should rest... It's been a long day, hasn't it?
Blaze: *expression darkens* ...It has been a terribly long day, but I'm afraid I cannot rest. *nods to everyone* Everyone else, however-
Vita: (quietly) We shall help, Royal Blaze...
Verve: They were our friends and comrades as well.
Mana: *looks confused* What are you guys going to do?

*The Descendants all share looks again, trying to figure what they're going to tell Mana. Psyche turns his covered gaze on Whip for his input*
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 am

*Whip realizes the implications and immediately looks from Psyche to Mana, debating on a resolution*
Whip: ....Kirai.... and that red monster.... Kimitsu...
*Whip closes his eyes and silently inhales*
Whip: ....They... went through a lot of Descendants... to get here.
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:44 am

Mana: *eyes widen in silent horror and her expression pales as she looks to the ground*
Vita: *after a moment from Mana's silence, she tries to dispel the tension* Perhaps... Perhaps you two should rest. As you have said, it has been an-
Mana: (quietly) No.
Vita: ...N-No...?
Mana: (in a voice that sounds a bit robotic and lifeless) I should help. I'm partly responsible.
Clear: Mana-
Mana: They were trying to stop Kirai. And everyone was trying to protect me, too, right? *lifts a dull gaze to Verve* That's why you left me in this room?
Verve: *flinches*
Psyche: Mana-
Mana: (insistently) I should help.
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:49 am

*Whip cautiously stands in front of Mana, though he already suspects there's no deterring her*
Whip: Mana. This isn't your fault, and you don't have to do this.
*His gaze drops*
Whip: And... I know you're not comfortable seeing....the aftermath.... you don't have to force yourself through that.
Back to top Go down
Mana the Cat Magician
Original Member~
Mana the Cat Magician

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Mana: *begins walking to the exit* They shouldn't have been forced into death, either. *leaves the room*
Psyche: *sighs and rubs his neck* This is gonna be a loooooong night.
Back to top Go down
Whip
Original Member~
Whip

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:15 pm

*Concern finds it way across Whip's face as Mana leaves*
Whip: ...How many... were lost?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Descendants of Arcana Base   Descendants of Arcana Base - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Descendants of Arcana Base
Page 22 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next